Delicious and super simple vegan pancakes!
Before I became vegan, on winter weekend mornings, we used to eat pancakes filled with either caramelized apples or blueberries. I missed eating them, until my friend Robin sent me this amazing vegan pancake recipe. The pancakes are better than the non-vegan ones: fluffy, light and delicious, really!
So here is the recipe (with a few minor modifications and short-cuts I’ve made):
Makes enough for two humans plus an extra for dogs.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups soy or almond milk, with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar stirred into it, left to sit for about 15 minutes in a warm place (or warmed in the microwave for about 15 seconds), it should curdle
- 1/4 cup soy or almond milk mixed with 1 tablespoon egg replacer (optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted Earth Balance (vegan) butter*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
* If you can’t find vegan butter where you live, try melted coconut oil.
About 3/4 cup fresh, or defrosted frozen, blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients together in a food processor.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ones in the food processor, till well combined.
- Oil nonstick griddle with more Earth Balance butter.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle.
- Sprinkle each with blueberries into the raw batter.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
Add your favorite fruit, pour syrup, chew!
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share on social media.